Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Get Yourself Trussed Up and Gusseted You Sexy Two-Story, You...

The quickest way to build a roof is to have one delivered and set in place. For those who don't know, these are engineered trusses and they will get a layer of roof sheathing and then a roof on top of them. On the inside, you get "vaulted" ceilings...

Tomorrow, I'll hop up there and toss plywood around all day and get the sheathing done by myself. Then it will be ready to roof, making it waterproof before the winter rains get serious...

Film at eleven. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Building your own house, huh?

Is this something that I've missed throughout your previous posts?

They don't call me Blondie for nothin'....

Stucco said...

My grandfather used to work making trusses, and that was a long time ago. How long has it been since they were made onsite?

Anonymous said...

I've watched those trusses delivered and lifted into place. It's something to see! Keep working on it, Scott. I'll get back to you in a week or so. I don't have a laptop and I can't cart this computer off to the hospital.

Make sure you write some funny stuff to amuse me when I get home.

Scott from Oregon said...

blondie-- I build for a living. I sold my last house over a year ago. I am just sticking money in socks, these days. Maybe to buy some land...

stucco-- heck if I know. We still stick frame sometimes, but it is way more expensive and done for special vaulted crap architects devise.

flat coke--yes, commercially, they do. Remember (and as you can see in the pictures) this is the heart of timber country.

Man, I would love to have my bones palpated these days. All of them.

Shirley, I hope you take one last peak before you go in. Just wanted to wish you much love and a healthy outcome and give those male nurses hell!

I'll be leaving in the morning for Santa Rosa to deliver my Mum to unsuspecting siblings. It is Mum's first journey since she got sick. We're gonna drive down the coast and stop at beaches along the way.

My sister is having her annual dog costume parade. I WILL TAKE PICTURES.