Sunday, September 25, 2011

Momma Did This To Me...

Well here is a recording of my debut performance down at the open mike night at our local brew pub. This is actually the third song I did, and I was so nervous my throat had dried up to the point where I put up EXTREME FIRE DANGER signs.




I performed "Sam Stone" by myself- "there's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes..."


and then Momma and I did the John Prine classic "In Spite of Ourselves"- "He ain't been laid in a month of Sundays, I caught him once he was sniffing my undies..."




This is one I wrote a few weeks back when I was learning the D7 chord called "You Did This To Me." I also call it the "dude whining song" because his half is nuthin' but a big whine while her half explains why she dumped him...




When I watched this video for the first time on my camera (a friend shot this for me so I could send it on to Paris where my brother's family lives) the thing that struck me and made me laugh was just how big I look playing the ukulele. This uke looks like a guitar so it looks like I am a giant playing the guitar! It still makes me laugh when I look at it that way.




I need to learn to play one of these, I think-

2 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Awesome man!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the awesome.You kind of remind of one of my favorites-- Hoyt Axton. Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya2dSRcqLBE