Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Can't Wait...

About eight months ago, the massage chair I bought about two years ago stopped working. There was a beep coming from the remote, but the chair would not move. I pulled off the back panel and looked for a fuse or evidence of a problem.

It looked all complicated and fine to me. I got online and tried to find a Sharper Image dealer (who we bought the chair from) and found one in California near my sister. The plan was to toss the chair in the back of the truck (being careful not to tweak my back, because... welll, you know...) and get it fixed while visiting.

Then I heard Sharper Image went bankrupt.

Jeez.

The chair became something of a quiet lump, sitting behind the well-used couch and avoiding eye-contact. On those occasions when I did notice it, I thought dismal thoughts about a bankrupt company and an expensive chair that I may never ride again...

BUT!!

I got off my unimaginative ass the other day and looked up the manufacturer's website, and then followed the buttons for ten minutes until I could speak to a service person, who ran me through a diagnostic procedure over the phone and determined that the remote itself went kaput!, and a new one was ordered and it should be here next Monday!!

I can't wait.

Now I'm inspired to resolve the electrical issue with the hot tub and really find my bliss...

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

A hot tub sounds really nice.

Nikky said...

I'm very happy to hear about your chair, like an old friend come back again.

Good Luck with the tub, you're on a roll!

Cheesy said...

Sounds like it's almost time for a party at Scott's!

Anonymous said...

"The Fixer"

You should be running the country.