Monday, October 15, 2007

Beer And Burning-

The rains have settled in around here, and our grass will green up and grow like crazy until the cold and snow arrives in late December, so the opportunity was taken to get the tree debris burned and also some of the stumps that litter the yard. There is nothing other than sex, a massage, a nap or a good meal that is more enjoyable than standing around in a sweatshirt, beer in hand, watching stuff burn.


Maybe watching Mum play with the dogs is better...







12 comments:

meno said...

I am seriously worried for you if watching mum play with the dogs is better than sex.

Scott from Oregon said...

Heh... No,Meno, I meant than drinking beer and watching a fire...

Perhaps I should revisit blogger edit?

Schmoopie said...

There is no better smell than wood and leaves burning in the damp northwest air!

Jeannie said...

Nothing like the whiff of smoke in the fall. And a beer. And watching a tableau of dogs and human. Yup. Pretty much a good day.

JamieSmitten said...

Pyromania. It's a good thing.

Cheesy said...

Wow Waldo is getting big FAST!
Hopefully the weather will permit burning here on Sunday...If not maybe I'll have to settle for sex, stew and beer?

Anonymous said...

Maybe not better than sex, but watching the slash burn while drinking a beer (red wine in my case) and watching someone you love enjoying playing with creatures you love.....I have to lift my glass to that.

Tammie Jean said...

I love staring at the fire... I can get completely lost for hours watching the flames. Playing with the dogs rocks too... good stuff!

amusing said...

That last shot -- looks like a meteorite crashed in your yard, narrowly missing the doghouse/outhouse/springhouse

amusing said...

Or else the dogs spontaneously combusted

Bob said...

one of the signs of fall - the smell of burning wood in the wind.

I agree w/Tammie Jean - I can get lost in the flames.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?