Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Got Fly?


My computer is all backed up with photos I keep stuffing in it.

You think someday, the machine will just say blechchch and outload all you've stuffed it with?

Our Rhodies are blooming, and I got tons of great shots of flowers in Spring...

Original, if I do say so myself!
This frog was aching for a caption so I gave him one. You got one?

NOW THAT is the real me. Dirty, tool in hand, determined, busy...


We had ANOTHER fire near the house. These were shot from our side of the lake. Turns out, this was all a controlled burn and it was put out at the end of the day.

Whew!

A couple of ideas for you gardener types. That's my sister's backyard raised-bed garden. That's how much space she had so we used almost all of it. I designed it with the little crannies so that you could get to all of the dirt areas without getting inside the box. It makes everything easy to reach. I also set her up with easy to use drip systems, and easy to reach shut off valves...

That bench Mum was sitting on cost about 40 bucks. The trouble has always been, it is too short to be comfortable for us long-legged folk. I raised it safely by six inches by using concrete and used 1 gallon planters. All I did after was pile up dirt over the four legs and it is very stable, which is what I was after since it is for me Mum.

Most local dumps now make their own compost. We have one near here that combines cow pasture leavings with yard debris, and a truck load is 10 bucks.

Every Spring, get yourself some and add it to all of your garden areas. Super high in Nitrogen, and helps keep the weeds down where you pile it thick...

Paws and smell the roses...

Don't date surfer dudes.

Have you seen Wenzel? It is time for her bath...
















4 comments:

Cheesy said...

Dang since your washing pups... Want to wash this brood too? Run Wenzel RUN!! From the looks of that bench my feet would dangle lol.

Jeannie said...

I want to live on a lake again. It's beautiful.

And like cheesy, my feet would be swinging a few inches off the ground.

kario said...

You are all over the place today, aren't you? Must be spring fever. Or the fumes you inhaled from the fire near your house. In any case, I love the photos and I'm jonesing for a garden, but I've filled my days with too many other things lately and haven't gotten around to preparing it this year, so it looks like another year of pot-veggies for me (veggies in pots, not marijuana).

Thanks for the start to my day!

Unknown said...

Oooo...great raised bed design. I wish I'd had you around when designing my veg garden. And those first flowers...oh, I'm right back in Seattle....