Friday, February 11, 2011

Walkin' Da Momma...


Momma's been doing pretty well lately. She still Wii's three or four days a week, doing many of the dance and yoga routines and then going on to play the games.

On the other days I take her out to the park to walk around the field. Or I walk with her from our house up to the lake and back.

Coming home from the lake in the truck, I ran across a buddy of mine and he asked what I've been up to? I yelled across momma out her window - "I'm just walkin' da momma!"

My mom thought this the funniest thing she's heard in weeks or months or perhaps years...

Walkin' da momma...

--- We have two new musical events occuring 'round here. Our local pizza place has live music on Saturday nights now, and on Wednesday nights they do an open mike/acoustic jam thingy in the back room. Mom wants to attend both events so I've tried to get her down there (where I can get GOOD BEER) just because I am a good son and all...

When we got home after her first open mike event last Wednesday, she asked me "Could you get my guitar out from underneath the bed?"- A location the guitar has idled for close to ten years now...

We'll see...

---While at the open mike event, some players were having trouble remembering the words to "Battle Of New Orleans".

I piped up "I know the words".

"You come up and sing it then?"

"Oh no. I know the words but I can't sing."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll do fine."

My mom piped in "Trust him when he says he can't sing."

Thanks momma...

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Oh, she's a good Mom! Just tryin to keep you from making a fool of herself - or you.

I'd love to get out to an open mike or live music thing. We never do anything any more.

Anonymous said...

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN
Why American men should boycott American women

http://boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com/

I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

Mushy said...

Great photo, and good to hear from your mom. See ya.