Monday, October 11, 2010

Wanna Climb A Twee Wit Me?

Here are the first two vids I made to document the climbing of a local fir tree. Not that it needs documenting or nuthin', but I thought I'd give it a try. I actually got my rope in where that string was suspended, climbed up and had to bail when the rains came tumbling down...

I left my rope in the tree and it is a park, so I'll have to go climb it again this morning and bring my rope down when I'm done...

I don't know why I've got a southern hick in my voice on the second video. I seem to do that when making faux wildlife videos...

Blame it on watching Deliverance too many times as a kid or something...

ADDENDUM: So I only had a short amount of time this morning to get my nice rope out of the tree and leave in its place a climbing rope I paid 5 dollars for at a swap...

I can't for the life of me figure out why I put on that southern drawl doing these things????

I should make bass fishing videos and stop worrying about it...




2 comments:

Shrinky said...

Aw shucks, I've always been a sucker for an American drawl! Does your mother know what you get up to when you are out? I do love the knarly bark on those trees.

Jeannie said...

Finally got to watch these! - there was always something going on so I couldn't play the sound before.

Do we get more installments?

It's funny but I think recordings change how you sound. My husband's accent is so much stronger on tape than in person. And I had no idea I sounded as I did either. You actually sounded like a cross between the mid-west and the south to me.