Thursday, July 01, 2010

Lots To Tell, But The Summer Beckons...



Contrary to popular concern, I wasn't on a bike adventure, but took my bike along to go see some old friends and spend a three day weekend at the 15th annual Kate Wolf Festival.

The only photos of the festival I took were on Saturday morning when I appeared to get up before the hordes, who were undoubtedly sleeping off Friday night's excesses.


The pictures are: a)The sun waking me up from my tent. b)The view from the stage while the riff-raff are locked out until security opens up the gates and lets them sprint with their lawn chairs to get close to the performances. c) The near home-like decor of the camping area of my friends at sunrise while they sleep off Friday night's excesses.
Needless to say, Friday night was apparently a bit excessive...
Didja ever go to a music festival and see all those privileged assholes milling about backstage? Maybe sitting on couches next to the stage or coming and going from right in front of the stage whenever they damn well pleased?
Well... I was one of those assholes. It makes for a better festival, in my opinion. I watched Greg Brown from a couch, for example. I looked up
Steve Earle's nostrils while he sang...
It was actually nice to see how far this festival has come, and to see so many old friends who were there at the very beginning of it, fifteen long years ago...
Long live the Folk music festival!!!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Oh - well! If it was a music festival and not biking - I'd have loved it! I'd have loved Friday night's excesses too.

Shrinky said...

Oh, sounds like my kind of event, I LOVE folk music! Neat shot from inside the tent.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Kate's been gone so long. I still listen to her music almost every day. What a awesome legacy. Did Greg sing Kate's Guitar?

And I LOVE that Wagon Wheel song. It is totally addicting- I've been listening to it well over a year and am still not tired of it.

You have so many great blog posts!