Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Great Big Deck.

I've been cringing for a long time fully knowing what lay beneath the deck out back near the new pool going in.

This deck was held up by "anything you can find".
Seriously.
It was like some dad sent his kids out into the yard and asked them to come back with stuff that would hold up the deck framing.
Broken cinder blocks and stacks of bricks...
Fireplace logs and broken bits of culverts...
Over time, these things just sink in and the deck becomes uneven and unlevel.
So, since I need to add on to this deck so that Mum can get to the new pool, and since her walker wheels fall into the gaping cracks of this deck, I am redoing the entire deck from scratch- although I will recycle the redwood decking boards by turning them over (and sanding a few)...
That is, IF...
...it will stop raining on me...

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

You've been really busy!

I think I am a pothead. It sure makes bookkeeping a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Mind you - it's the pot plus the alcohol that's really getting to me.

Maybe I'm just going retro to the 70's

Cheesy said...

Going to build some steps up to the pool for us short chits too?? lol... I can so relate to what is found under old decking... It's scary sometimes!

kario said...

Rain? Where! Gimme some!!!

Good luck with the deck. Massive job, my friend. Post 'after' photos, wouldja?