Saturday, September 29, 2007

Waldo And Politics--

Waldo, the puppy I found standing in the middle of a very rural and sparsely populated road, shivering with cold, wet and full of stickers, is now part of the family.



Crap!



I never wanted a dog with a penis. They pee on my tires and get that icky lipsticky thing going when you rub their bellies...



Nevertheless...



When life hands you a defenseless creature that is in need...



Well... you let it steal all of your shoes and place them out in the rain.



Of course you do.



And you spend the extra dollars for puppy chow.



And you get collars from your sister in the mail that have the San Francisco Giants logo on them, and you smile...



And you are thankful that the little guy has only messed up once in his potty training, pooping on your sisal rug, but in a corner as if to say "I couldn't wake you!"



Waldo is a champ just waiting to grow up.



I took him on his first walk yesterday. Last night, he chewed his leash in half....



What is he trying to tell me?



Today, I got involved in politics again. I do that every now and then. I've always found myself standing in the middle of most arguments. As if I were a fuselage in a storm or some such nonsensical metaphorical nonsense...



Every now and then, someone on the federal stage will pique my interest. They say things that for the most part, resonate with me.



Ron Paul is one of those people. Look into him. Check him out. He is the real deal when it comes to the Constitution, and that's the way it should be.


16 comments:

Cheesy said...

What is he trying to tell you?

"I'm a free spirit Dude Daddy!"

[and I might say he it cuter that shit in the corner!}

Bernita said...

Resistance is futile - he's a borg dog.

Jean said...

Waldo... goooood boy.

hehehehe.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I'm so glad you have found this little scrap to companion both you and that older, wiser hound of yours. It's time, hon. (Smile)

Jeannie said...

I'm so glad Waldo found you. Just in the nick of time for both of you I'd say. How come there are no strays around here that I have to take in?

As for politics - I barely have a clue here - none there.

Anonymous said...

I really think your sweet Tuti has posted signs to lead strays to your doorstep. She knows where they will find a good home.

I agree about male versus female dogs. We've been without a dog since we lost our old female German Shepherd two and a half years ago and have only recently started thinking about getting another one. One sticking point has been that my husband wanted a male and I wanted a female. That got settled three days ago when our daughter-in-law called to tell us that the breeder they got their Cardigan Welsh Corgi from had a seven month old male she was looking to place in a good home. The woman brought him over for us to look at and he hadn't been here fifteen minutes when my husband already had him named. So, I now have a puppy named Friday. The good news is that he is housebroken and has the manners of an adult dog. Now I'm back to pooper-scoopers and plastic bags. At least the mess he leaves behind is less than our Shepherds left. These little Corgis are really short-legged German Shepherds so we should be very happy with the little guy.

Anonymous said...

ron paul's a republican, isn't he? Do you mean to say they haven't all sold their souls to the Prince of Darkness?

kario said...

Icky, lipsticky thing? Lovely metaphor - so perfect. For what it's worth, I've got a male dog and other than the peeing on my tires and the fact that he embarrasses me by trying to mount every female we come across, I'd have to say he's pretty damn great.

Love the name, btw.

LadyBronco said...

Waldo is quite possibly the cutest puppy I have seen in a long time.

Face it - you never stood a chance, Scott. :0)

Schmoopie said...

Waldo is absolutely adorable!

CS said...

What a cute pup. We had a greyhound once who we tehthered with a leash in the backyard to get some garndening done and she immediately chewed it in half so she could some lie down where the work was going on. I think they like a little autonomy like anyone else.

amusing said...

I have to say, I find it a little disheartening that the cute puppy gets 11 comments and the fabulous short story gets only five.....

(Maybe I should be leaving this on the short story post so the count goes up to six...)

Anonymous said...

just as on this no-one but I has mentioned the politics.

meno said...

Politics hell, we have a cute puppy to talk about.

You are my hero Scott.

MilTrucker said...

This guy Rocks!!!

I'm going to be watching him!

Tammie Jean said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you're keeping Waldo :)