Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Scariest Moment Of Yer Life...

Posted by PicasaSome stories are scary, They give you shivers in their recounting. They make your hair stand up on end. They turn you inside out in your thinking for a time..

I was once cornered by four youths with knives in an alley in Penang. I was trying to buy a cheap camera that had "fallen" off a ship. I was in the wrong for getting myself into the situation, but I didn't deserve to be carved up.

It was the scariest moment in my life. I took a knife to my waistband, and broke a guys' arm by snapping it like a twig with my hands. I barely remember doing it. Call it a reaction to a scary moment. When a guy screams because his bone just snapped, it makes people afraid. They run away. They leave me alone. This is a good thing.

It was the most scared I ever was. I looked like this photo in my own mind. This was my self-image at the time. But I survived.

I have room here for your scary stories. You got one? What was the scariest thing that ever happened to you?

I'd like to hear it.


******1)the moment my van was rolling end over end...and the thought ran thru my head i was gonna die...which wasnt what bothered me...it was the thought right after that....MY EX HUSBAND WAS GONNA GET MY CHILDREN!

*****2)Scariest thing that happened to me was when I was about 12 years old and my grandmother borrowed our GMC Jimmy and when she returned it she ran through our garage, the brick wall, and into our utility room. Guess who was in the utility room?? ME!!! I was about 2 ft from being pinned between a GMC grill and a chest freezer. OOOOOHHHH, still gives me chills.

******3)My daughter Emma wandered off in Walmart one day, she was about 3 or 4. My older son said she went with Daddy out to the van ahead of us, so I left the store, got to the van, and she wasn't with him. I ran back inside, already almost in tears, headed to the customer service area, and here's Emma, talking to an employee saying "She's tall, and she has glasses, and her name is Mommy"

2 comments:

WildFlower said...

the moment my van was rolling end over end...and the thought ran thru my head i was gonna die...which wasnt what bothered me...it was the thought right after that....
MY EX HUSBAND WAS GONNA GET MY CHILDREN!

Nikky said...

My daughter Emma wandered off in Walmart one day, she was about 3 or 4. My older son said she went with Daddy out to the van ahead of us, so I left the store, got to the van, and she wasn't with him. I ran back inside, already almost in tears, headed to the customer service area, and here's Emma, talking to an employee saying "She's tall, and she has glasses, and her name is Mommy"