Monday, September 25, 2006

35.000 Feet Will Make you Wanna Dance...

I stole this picture from a small, quiet blog I think ya'll should check out. Dave doesn't write much, but when he does write, he reminds me of the matter of fact reverance my father had for the job.

Anyway, not only did I steal his picture, I stole what he had to say about it to...

His blog is Flight Level 390, and he is on my sidebar... Posted by Picasa

"We are feet wet over the Atlantic as JFK air traffic control sequences us for the visual approach. The view from the flightdeck is awesome, as the sun's golden light illuminates our faces. Air traffic control decides to vector us to a closer runway and they ask "Can you guys get down from there?" The co-pilot, who is handling the radios, looks at me with an inquisitive grin...

I reply, "Absolutely."

The hydraulic rams push their respective spoiler panel into the slipstream increasing our descent rate from cool to way cool, as the co-pilot would say..."

No comments: